Friday, December 3, 2010

Tossing DC Chymes out of WGGH ...

From the station manager who did an honorable thing at WGGH/Marion, letting DC and The Family have a place to work and then got bitten badly, financially, by them:

I never tried to hide them and wanted to stay out of their business. I could not understand why so many people hated them so much and gave them a chance. I did have an idea that there may be something to all the stories. It was not long that they started pulling little schemes and scams. When they started using our company to scam local businesses, even using our bank number, we knew we had to get them out of here.

What they seem to do is rope people in and make them part of the show or tell them they will help syndicate them and then scam then in some way or borrow money and not pay it back. They have got so many people around here it is not funny. They even join churches and make people feel sorry for them and then always borrow money. WOW!!! I know I am not telling you anything you don't already know.

DC tried to turn me against you, but I knew you were a decent guy and enjoyed your site as I said. That is why I was civil to you, but wondered why your hated them so much. Now I know why!

They gave me 2 nice RE27 mics and 2 Symetrix processors about 2 years ago. The deal was I would go up and help them move studios when Steve left, which I did, I felt like I needed to do a little more for them since it was like $2000 worth of stuff, so I said I would do a bunch of imaging for them, which I had been doing for the past 2 years. I have done between 50 and 100 liners. Probably two grand worth of work.

So when we told them to leave and we were taking the show off, they made all kinds of threats about the contract etc and it got real nasty. We also knew we wanted the stuff out of the station asap to avoid any allegations of theft, and having to deal with packing it up and sending it. So we told them to get it out now and bring a city police officer, just to make sure we had our butts covered, that is when DC said I need my mics and processors, we told the cop, that was ours and it was not right, of course he said if it's his you have to give it back.

I got mad and said do you want to pack up our transmitter too, the cop was getting a little aggravated at us, so I apologized to him and he was cool and thanked me for cooling down and being an adult about it. I knew they probably had the proof, so I said screw it and gave it to them. When we were getting some of their stuff out of the back storage area, we noticed a bunch of sheets and bedding that looked like it was stolen from a hotel, in fact we had a run in early on from a local hotel that said they used our name to scam a months stay and had stolen bedding from them, so we handed him the stuff in front of the officer and said here is the stuff you stole from the hotel. then the officer's attitude changed, as they had brought him, they probably talked shit about us and he seemed to side with them at first.

After we handed him the stuff, he did not know what to say and just took it out, at that point the officer said, now it is all becoming clear, I know all about the hotel situation and see what is happening. The officer was totally cool from that point on and we made a good friend. Then when they had taken it all out, I said let's take a walk through and make sure you got everything and he said he did. I knew I needed to cover my ass. I was surprised he did not try to say some of my stuff was his. We did have a digital hand held m-audio recorder come up missing, it was last used about 2 weeks ago and he had access to the building since then. So I am pretty sure he took it.

I now know I know for sure these people are about as low as you can get and am glad they are gone and I hope out of my life for good.

PLEASE:  DC and the Family -- sue me or threaten me with violence from your children as you have in the past if any of the above is wrong.