Thursday, September 30, 2010

Legendary Dave Strauss, an offline kinda guy ...

KMOX/KTRS - Mr. Trivia is retired from teaching, has no computer and steadfastly avoids online contact.

I have a phone number and that is the sole way I know to touch base with him.  I will let him know this has been posted.

Thanks for the reply and infomation concerning Dave. I was a loyal listener to his show throughout the years following him from station to station. I had the privilege of meeting Dave at the KTRS station in September of 2000. I brought him some VCR tapes containing several of the classic "Combat" television episodes, as he was to interview Rick Jason the next week on his Trivia show.

I dropped in unannounced at the radio station about an hour before his show was to air. He was so gracious and kind. We talked for several minutes and he invited me to stay for his show, which I was delighted to do. It was an evening I shall always remember. After that evening I did occasionally stop by the station and Dave always remembered me and invited me in. I miss his show...and his humor. I continue to hope that one day again I can hear Dave and his producer Buzz on the airways. Dave is a true asset to the St. Louis area. I will always consider him a friend.

I retired the same year as Dave also being in the education field. I have moved out of the St. Louis area to southern Illinois. Mike, if you please, mention to Dave that I contacted you.

Again, Mike, thank you for the information and your kind reply,

Dan Weaver
Marion, Illinois