Sunday, February 21, 2010

Update: Richard Ward Fatherley

According to folks who have visited him, there has been no change in his condition.  Richard is still unresponsive and is still on life support at Kansas University Medical Center.

To think of Richard as I knew him over the last decade, a big, hale and hearty man with a voice that thundered over even a cell phone, in such a condition, is heartbreaking.

I used to laugh as I drove listening to the radio or watched television and would hear him on any of the many commercials he voiced and wonder why I could not get away from him.  His voice was everywhere, it seemed! I'd give anything now to have the phone ring and hear his booming voice ask "Is this the Reverend Mike Anderson?" and tell me in his perfect diction of his latest adventures and the progress he was making on his book.

I pray for the miracle of his recovery.

Discuss on the STL Media Message Board. (Registration required)