Saturday, October 24, 2009

Just follow the dots, dummy ...

     After the final STLMedia Morning Meeting of 2009 Friday morning, I headed out to handle a few chores and do some food shopping.  One of the chores was to pick up a few extra filters for the furnace, enough to handle us until Spring.
     I got home with the stack 'o filters from Ace Hardware and headed into the heater room to replace the current filter when I noticed that the little printed arrow on the filter in use, which was supposed to point in the direction of the air flow, was pointing, well, not in the direction of the air flow.  Which meant that the filter for the last two months had been blocking much of the force of the AC and Heat.
     Great.  Now, I have to wonder how many of the filters I've replaced over the past few years, since we had the furnace rebuilt, have been installed in reverse.
     By the way, I can already tell the difference in the heat distribution across the house...