Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Presumably, Steve Cochran is out at KTRS evenings ...

From Robert Feder:

Saying he’s “thrilled to be back on the air in Chicago,” Steve Cochran has joined Salem Communications news/talk WIND-AM (560) as afternoon personality. Confirming a report here Thursday, the Chicago radio veteran will be on from 5 to 7pm Monday through Friday, replacing the syndicated Michael Savage (whose status is up in the air). No start date has been announced for the show. “I will do what I do, but it will definitely be more political,” Cochran told me. “I’ve always been a nut for politics, and because that is the core of what WIND does, it gives me more room to let it rip.” Of his new bosses, he added: “They get it. They understand my equity in this town, and all they want from me are great shows everyday.”

Looks like Steve stays at The Big 550 10AM-12N, but will be busy in Chicago after 6PM. KTRS is likely looking for a 6-9PM host.