Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The difference between Tasha and me ...

When Mrs. A arrived home at The Manse after her trip to Charlottesville VA, Tasha jumped up, happy to see her, and licked Mrs. A smack on her nose.

No nose for me: I just kissed my babe full on the lips and hugged her welcome home.

On the way home, we stopped off at the Denny's at Dorsett & I-270 for a quick bite. Not a lot going on, pretty slow day there. But in the next booth over was an elderly couple, and the guy was wearing a "Purple Heart" cap. A vet of Korea, or maybe as far back as WWII. On the way out, I shook his hand and thanked him for his service and for taking a hit for the country.

I think that maybe that had never happened to him before, the way he looked at me...

Please, please, please: don't let the military veterans who have pulled your fat out of the international fire go to their reward without you thanking them. A smile, a handshake, a simple thanks. That's all it takes.