Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowmageddon? Snowpocalypse? Or just a Winter storm?

Well, it certainly wasn't the storm of the century, even the new century.  It was a rough one, certainly, but nowhere near the predictions.  Some ice, some snow, crappy driving conditions, but all relevant agencies were up and on the job.

Sadly, the science side of the TV stations went a little soft, at least locally. 12" on the ground?  My driveway begs to differ.  But I can still use the neighbor kids if they could scrape it off for me...

So who did the best job in reporting?  Tuesday morning, when it was breaking, I tuned through the television band but kept coming back to KTVI/Fox2. They were the most factual, the least dramatic.  I didn't want drama, I wanted to know what the heck was going on.  Fox2 told me what we needed to know with almost zero BS.

And, if I may tip the hat to a single reporter, I rediscovered Fox2's Monica Adams as a real star. Her reports were clear, concise and well presented. I presume that her ad-lib skills have been developed over her years as a traffic reporter. Monica did a great job at her early morning standups; frankly, she was the best of the bunch that KTVI fielded in their early morning hours. 

I would like to see more of her work on news events outside of weather and traffic breaks. Monica Adams has a strong presence when she's on the air, and projects a sparkling personality and great credibility.

Hey, Spencer:  make Monica a star!

Discuss on the STL Media Message Board. (No Registration Required)