Thursday, February 10, 2011

One of my favorite movies ...

... is the film Tora, Tora, Tora, the story of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 that took us into the War on Global Fascism (also known as WW2) .  I finally noticed a few years ago that the co-pilot (the guy on the left in the images below) of one of the B-17's enroute to Hickham Field as the attack commenced looked strangely familiar:
Holy cats, he and I could be twins!  Or at least could have been had we been in our mid-to-late thirties at the same time.  The movie was made in the late 1960's, released in 1970 and my mid-thirties came along ten years later:  same bags under the eyes, same wimpy red mustache, same aquiline nose and lovable double chin. TWINS, I tell you!  We could be TWINS!

This guy's ONLY line in the movie:  "They're Japs, sir!" Yes, they were.  And forty years later he was telling his customers the same thing about the cars he was selling.