Thursday, September 2, 2010

STL Twitter useage ...

I've gone thru the report and I'm not sure I completely understand it.  But I'm presenting it here because you may find it interesting and/or useful.

Hi Mike,

The State of Twitter: STL report has just been released, and I thought you might be interested in sharing it with STL Media's readers.  The report is a presentation of STL Tweets' research over the first six months of 2010 regarding the who/what/when of Twitter usage in St. Louis. Below is STL Tweets founder Jason Fiehler's introduction to the report: 

"Over one year ago, when we started tracking Twitter usage amongst the people of St. Louis, we believed we were just building a Twitter application to demonstrate our skills to potential clients. Little did we know that we were actually beginning an enormous journey of discovery - quickly learning that Twitter isn’t just a certain segment of St. Louis, it *is* St. Louis. STL Tweets soon became our magnifying glass, allowing us amazing and unprecedented views into the people, places, culture and everything else that makes up daily life in St. Louis. I have lived in this city for much of my life but after using STL Tweets on a daily basis for the last six months, I now realize how little I actually knew about this place I call home.

This report is our first opportunity to share our discoveries - it’s a collection of data, charts, lists and graphs that paint a picture of the St. Louis Twitter community over the first six months of 2010. I invite you to take the time, read it through and see what sticks out to you - did it align with what you were already thinking? Was it radically different? I must confess that both myself and the members of the STL Tweets team were surprised by many of the findings.

Note, this report is just the first in what hopefully will become a long series. We’ll continue cataloging the St. Louis Twitter stream and plan to release a full analysis of 2010 sometime in early February. Stay tuned and let’s continue down this journey of discovery together.

Thank you for your time and interest. I hope you enjoy The State of Twitter: STL."