Saturday, June 26, 2010

My final Monthly Meeting ...

...was yesterday morning, at Reynolds.  They'll continue, presumably, with hosting by one or two of the regulars over the years.  We'll note dates and times and places here and on the Message Board. My thanks to all who attended this last one, which was, for me, a celebration of the 10th anniversary of the STLMedia.net website (actual date, 29 June).

My participation in this blog, the website and the associated Message Board will continue, but at a slightly diminished level.  They are, after all, still my babies! You'll note that several contributors have joined recently and they'll be covering areas of their specialization.  And Secret Squirrel will always be available to hear your tales of woe and who-shot-John, connecting directly through me.  I'll be able to work more closely and regularly with clients and with other blogs, on various contemporary issues about which I've been writing for some time and which work occasionally has gotten in the way of and confused with entries on this website.  Sorry 'bout that!

I will always remain available to you by email and telephone and my dedication to my media friends remains unfaltering.  I'm only retiring a little bit!  With any luck I'll be able to get my sleep cycle back to near-normal and I'll be able to finally organize the office.

One notable attendee yesterday morning (among many others) was market vet JC Corcoran, who presented a "reading" from his first book, a few paragraphs about the how, when, why and who got him his first radio gig, 35 years ago in Rockford IL.  Oddly enough, it was all my fault.  JC presented me with a dedicated copy of the book...
(Photos courtesy Dr. Larry Hoffman and Jack Klobnak)

Discuss on the STL Media Message Board. (Registration required)