Monday, March 22, 2010

Renting from Amazon via Roku ...

My basic Roku package includes free access to thousands of movies and TV shows via NetFlix.  It also includes the rental of new and recent flicks through Amazon.  Prices range from a buck to, well, a lot more, if you want to own it and use it on multiple devices.

Over the past weekend, I dropped a couple bucks on District 9.  More than RedBox, cheaper than Blockbuster; but by the time I finished ordering it the movie was set up for play in my NetFlix/Amazon queue and I hadn't moved out of my seat. I've got unlimited viewing access for a month for $2 and no DVD to return.

I watched 2012 on DVD from NetFlix, as the one-DVD-at-a-time part of my deal.  Also watched one of my favorite crap movies ever, Used Cars, the Samuel Jackson flick Lakeview Terrace, and the DeNiro movie about Hollywood, What Just Happened.

Five cool movies, two of them just off the big screens, (of course, it's me who considers them cool) and the whole bill to me was less than $3.  I think I'll do it all over again next weekend.

Get you some Roku here.